EXPAL specialises in developing, manufacturing and maintaining products and services for the defence and security sectors. The company offers armed forces a range of products designed to enhance operational capabilities worldwide. Because of this, EXPAL tailors its services to meet the specific demands of individual missions.
The company’s dedication to technology and innovation has contributed to its continued success, placing it at the top-end of the European defence industry.
Maintenance and upgrades of aeronautical systems and weapons
EXPAL’s experience in design, development and manufacturing of air armament means it offers a complete range of products in service across all armed forces, as well as providing services in maintenance and modernisation of aeronautical systems.
EXPAL carries out the integration of all its products in the most important air platforms in the world. EXPAL provides:
- Aeronautical systems maintenance
- Air armament
- Ammunition, explosives and pyrotechnic disposal and recovery services
- Medium calibre cannon ammunition
- Propellants and propellants systems
- Disposal and recovery services of pyrotechnics
- SAZEC area control system
R&D and technology
Technology is at the heart of EXPAL’s business. Its research and development (R+D) programmes are centred on:
- Improving the protection of military platforms and crews
- Providing innovations that ensure ammunition operational safety in all conditions
- Developing new non-lethal technologies
- Rocket engines for spatial applications
- Increasing ammunitions effectiveness
- Developing intelligent ammunition with electronics
- Protecting stored ammunition against assaults
- Supporting troops’ operational capacities
- Rapid deployment and high-mobility systems
Its R+D department designs and develops the latest innovations and improves existing products to customers’ specifications.
EXPAL contributes to international R+D programmes with governments and companies of the highest level to provide armed forces the latest in technological advancements.
EXPAL puts into practice its corporate policies for:
- Minimising the environmental impact of its activities
- Obtaining the highest security standards
- Establishing ongoing R+D activity as the basis of its technological development.
- Ensuring maximum quality in all products and service