SolDesk is the high-performance certifiable avionics computer in a desktop computer housing with capabilities for multiple screens, high-performance video processing, a large number of I/O and networking through avionics buses.
SolDesk is particularly well suited to operator consoles of ground control stations for piloting certified UAVs, as it also provides non-certified USB inputs for standard computer peripherals.
SolDesk comes fully integrated with its SolOS operating system and executable. Development licences are available for our clients to customise SolDesk to their final application on a range of commercial computer platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS. These commercial platforms also allow simulation, integration and user interface testing on non-certified platforms.
Key features and applications:
- Easy installation with 8-48VDC with optional external 110-220V AC/DC adapter
- Powerful processor with quad-core ARM Cortex A53 as main processor
- Independent safety processor
- Designed to fully airborne computer standards with DO-254 certification
- Ability to drive two displays in parallel, with up to 4K resolution
- Powerful graphics processing for remote cockpit, trainer and control centre applications
- Support for four-channel video input with high-speed FPGA-based processing abilities
- Support for non-certified video into certified systems with picture-in-picture
- Support for avionics interfaces (e.g. ARINC-429) for certified trainer cockpit applications
- Support for standard IT interfaces, RJ-45 for Ethernet and USB for computer peripherals
- Certified UAV ground control stations
- Certified simulators for training cockpits
- Certified test systems
- Certified operations centre and operator computers