SolAero is the high-performance avionics computer in a small housing that can fit any
SolAero has capabilities to drive dual screens at 4K resolution, high-performance video processing, a large number of discrete I/O and networking through several avionics buses. SolAero is particularly well suited to non-standard custom certifiable cockpit applications optimised for specific aircraft, even at low production volumes.
SolAero comes fully integrated with its SolOS operating system and executable. SolOS
provides built-in support for a large number of avionics interfaces and standards for Primary Flight Display, MFD, Navigation Display, Flight Management Systems, EICAS systems and therefore enables fully integrated cockpits for even small-volume or customised aircraft.
Development licences are available for our clients to customise SolAero to their final application on a range of commercial computer platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS. These commercial platforms also allow simulation, integration and user interface testing on non-certified platforms.
Key features and applications:
- Powerful processor with quad-core ARM Cortex A53 as main processor
- Independent safety processor
- Designed as a fully airborne computer with DO-160G and DO-254 DAL-A certification
- Fan-less, conduction-cooled and hermetically sealed aluminium case housing
- Easy integration with fully pre-loaded software platform SolOS
- Support for a large number of standard avionics interfaces
- Powerful graphics processing for glass cockpit and trainer applications
- Support for four-channel video input with high-speed FPGA-based processing
- Support for non-certified video into certified cockpit with picture-in-picture
- Certifiable fully integrated glass cockpits
- Certifiable cockpit instruments
- Certifiable UAV airborne flight computer
- Certifiable airborne data processing
- Interfacing legacy video to certified cockpit applications
- Certifiable artificial intelligence support for airborne autonomous flight and decision making