FN Herstal Will Exhibit New FN Fire Control Unit at IDEF 2011
FN Herstal will introduce its newly developed FN Fire Control Unit to the Turkish market at the IDEF trade show being held in Istanbul from 10-13 May 2011.
The FN Fire Control Unit: First Round Hits. On Target. Every Time.
Successful target engagement with 40mm LV tube-launched grenades requires precise range estimation to the target and launch at the exact elevation angle, while keeping correct azimuth aiming.
With the FN Fire Control Unit (FN FCU), the shooter can now rely on a light, compact and easily used device to significantly maximize first-round hit probability.
The FN FCU consists of:
- A laser range finder (LRF), which calculates the accurate distance between the shooter and the target
- A clinometer, which measures the difference in elevation/depression between the target and the shooter
- A ballistic computer, which calculates the angle of launch required depending on grenade type
- A moving red reticle sight, which gives the correct aiming point
- A weapon cant indicator, which indicates when weapon realignment is required
Two models are available: the FN FCU-850N with a laser beam of 850nm and the FN FCU-1.5M with a laser beam of 1,550nm. Both offer similar aiming/firing capabilities and benefits, with the FN FCU-1.5M featuring a laser range finder undetectable with night vision goggles.
The FN FCU can fit on any stand-alone or underslung grenade launcher featuring a top Picatinny rail.
For more information regarding FN Herstal’s innovative product line, visit booth 251A at IDEF 2011, or visit our website.