View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
October 16, 2016

RoKAF takes delivery of KEPD 350K stand–off missiles from Taurus Systems

The Republic of Korea Air Force (RoKAF) has taken delivery of the first batch of KEPD 350K stand–off missiles from Taurus Systems.

The Republic of Korea Air Force (RoKAF) has taken delivery of the first batch of KEPD 350K stand–off missiles from Taurus Systems.

The stand-off missile system for precision strikes features a programmable multi-purpose fuze and a dual stage warhead system, MEPHISTO.

MEPHISTO combines penetration capabilities for hard and deeply buried targets with blast-and-fragmentation capabilities against point and area targets.

It has been designed to fly through dense air defences at a very low-terrain-following level and for the engagement of high-value targets.

Taurus is currently in the final stages of integration of KEPD 350K into RoKAF's F-15K fighter aircraft.

The 5m-long missile has a range of more than 500km and it will provide RoKAF with the most advanced stand-off and deep strike capability currently available on the world market, Taurus said in a statement.

Taurus said that its KEPD 350K is the upgraded version of the KEPD 350 missile, which has been in service with the German Air Force and the Spanish Air Force since 2005 and 2009 respectively.

The weapon system is currently deployed on the German Tornado IDS and the Spanish EF-18 aircraft.

"MEPHISTO combines penetration capabilities for hard and deeply buried targets with blast-and-fragmentation capabilities against point and area targets."

It would also be fitted onto Eurofighter for both, the German and Spanish nations.

Taurus Systems has been established as a joint venture between MBDA Deutschland and Saab Dynamics.

MBDA holds 67 % stake in the company, while the remainder 33 % is owned by Saab.


Image: F-15 Silent Eagle static display on St Louis Ramp. Photo: courtesy of MBDA.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Monday. The defence industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Airforce Technology