FN Herstal, a Belgian subsidiary of the Herstal Group, and the French group Nexter have...
Following a follow-up audit by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA), it was determined that FN Herstal’s previously ISO certified 9001:2000 quality management system (QMS) meets the requirements of the new standard ISO 9001:2008 for its complete range of products and services and it has passed with flying colours.
With regards to the changes referred to in the new ISO 9001:2008 standard, FN Herstal’s award of this updated certification confirms that:
- The design and implementation of the quality management system takes into consideration the organisational environment, changes in that environment and the risks associated with that environment
- Outsourced processes that affect product conformity are controlled; the type and extent of control applied to these outsourced processes is defined within the quality management system. The management of the risks associated with these outsourced processes is also deemed effective and satisfactory
- Documents of external origin necessary for the planning and operation of the quality management system are well identified and their distribution controlled
- Personnel performing work directly or indirectly affecting conformity to product requirements have been assessed as competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, skills and experience
- The effectiveness of staff training of those involved in assuring conformity to product requirements was evaluated and deemed satisfactory
- The product is identified by suitable means throughout product development and production
- Computer software in use has been certified to contain suitable verification and configuration management properties as required
- The type and extent of monitoring or measurement appropriate to each process in relation to its impact on the conformity to product requirements and on the effectiveness of the quality management system is satisfactory
- Corrective or preventive actions are reviewed and evaluated for effectiveness
Belgium-based FN Herstal, one of the world’s leading designers, developers and manufacturers of small caliber...
For 130 years, Belgium-based FN Herstal has provided generations of Defense and Security Forces as...
FN Herstal has confirmed it will be exhibiting at the 2019 MSPO Defence Exhibition in...