Environmental Stress Screening (ESS)
Simpro offer Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) of equipment that must withstand specific stresses. ESS can be conducted for ongoing production or in connection with the testing and qualification of new products.
Simpro offer Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) of equipment that must withstand specific stresses. ESS can be conducted for ongoing production or in connection with the testing and qualification of new products. ESS tests include mechanical and thermal stress on the product.
With eight years of experience and over 4 000 ESS tested units, Simpro has gained considerable expertise in ESS testing.
Simpro can offer ESS tests for
- Development – ESS tests during the development stages
- Q1 and Q2 Qualification – ESS tests as part of the preparation prior to a formal qualification of the product
- Production – ESS testing as part of the ongoing production
In addition to the actual execution of the tests, Simpro offers a complete ESS programme, including
- Test development
- Test planning and execution
Simpro performs ESS, according to:
- ISO 13628-6 petroleum and natural gas industries – design and operation of subsea production systems – Part 6: Subsea production control systems.
- IEC 60068-2-6 sine vibration
- IEC 60068-2-64 random vibration
Tests according to other standards are conducted upon request.
Simpro has a modern ESS lab with duplicated capacity, both with regards to vibration testing and temperature cycling.
Our ESS lab can be rented out on a daily or weekly basis.
Simpro has two shakers with a capacity of 350kg and 9kg respectively, according to ISO 13628-6.