QinetiQ Group has agreed to purchase operational training provider Inzpire Group for £23.5m.

As part of an agreement, QinetiQ will take control of an 85% stake in Inzpire and after two years will acquire the remaining 15% of the shares.

As a major supplier of training and mission systems for military customers in the UK and across the globe, Inzpire generates nearly three-quarters of its revenue from airborne training and evaluation services, primarily for the UK Royal Air Force (RAF).

The remaining of the company revenue comes from the sale of a number of aviation mission system products, ranging from standalone tablets to full mission support systems integrated with aircraft avionics.

QinetiQ chief executive officer Steve Wadey said: “Our investment enhances our overall offer in defence operational training and mission systems, both in the UK and internationally.

“With the acquisition, Inzpire will help improve QinetiQ’s training capabilities and will help address the current UK demand for live and synthetic training.”

“Defence operational training represents an area of significant growth as customers around the world increasingly recognise the need to enhance their training capabilities cost-effectively.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

“The combination of Inzpire and QinetiQ’s capabilities, complemented by our previous acquisitions, creates a leading provider of critical defence training.”

With the acquisition, Inzpire will help improve QinetiQ’s training capabilities and will help address the current UK demand for live and synthetic training.

Inzpire chief executive officer Hugh Griffiths said: “This transaction will help us accelerate our progress in delivering a ‘revolution in defence’ and our team are hugely excited about the opportunities this tie-up presents.”

In September, the company collaborated with Discovery Air Defence Services and Leonardo for the development and supply of a customer-centred, low-risk, live air training solution for the UK Ministry of Defence’s Air Support to Defence Operational Training programme.

Earlier this month, QinetiQ Group completed the acquisition of EIS Aircraft Operations for a total cost of €70m on a cash-free, debt-free basis.