CCP Gransden’s recently had two entries for the Composites UK Awards shortlisted. Moreover, both awards...
Project Tucana is pushing ahead.
CCP Gransden is developing technologies for future electric vehicles with advanced lightweight composite research that will help deliver longer zero-emissions range, greater performance, and a more dynamic driving experience.
CCP Gransden is one of the key advanced composite manufacturing experts in the Project Tucana consortium.
Project Tucana also involves: Jaguar Land Rover, Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG), EXPERT Tooling and Automation, Broetje-Automation UK, Toray International UK, and The Centre for Modelling & Simulation (CFMS).
Key facts about the project:
- This advanced composite research and development will help make the UK a global leader in low-carbon technology.
- Future electric vehicles using advanced composites will be lighter, go faster, and go further.
- 5million tonnes of CO2 emissions will be prevented between 2023 and 2032.
- Aluminium and steel vehicle and powertrain structures will be replaced with lightweight advanced composite upgrades.
- £35m+ project, (£18.7m UK government funding).
- Jaguar Land Rover aims to increase their vehicles’ stiffness by 30 per cent, cut weight by 35kg, and enhance crash safety structure. Extra capacity will be utilised to fit larger and more powerful batteries with increased range.
Despite being one of the smaller members of the consortium CCP Gransden’s manufacturing know-how has made the firm a key contributor. CCP Gransden are also prudently exploring ways to sustainably scale up manufacture of the structures.
CCP Gransden are proud to champion these automotive performance improvements and are excited to see the benefits realised as soon as 2022 when Jaguar Land Rover expects to have developed a fleet of prototype Tucana test vehicles.
CCP Gransden is a leading specialist in advanced composite manufacture. With over 100 years in...
“Production of the complex STARStreak canister [has] boosted CCP Gransden’s reputation in the manufacturing sector”....
CCP Gransden has recently been approved for the SC21 Competitiveness and Growth Programme. CCP Gransden...