The brand new XPedite5650 from Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is a conduction or air-cooled Mini COM Express module (55 mm x 84 mm) supporting the Freescale QorIQ P2041 quad-core processor.
With four PowerPC e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz, the P2041 delivers enhanced performance and efficiency which combined with the rugged design and small size (less than 20cm²) means the XPedite5650 can provide the processing subsystem for a wide range of SWaP constrained applications.
- Freescale QorIQ P2041 processors with four PowerPC e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- Air- or Conduction-cooled
- Extended shock and vibration tolerance
- 2 GB or 4 GB of up to DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM
- One x2 PCI Express interface
- Two x1 PCI Express interfaces
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports (one 1000BASE-T and one 1000BASE-X)
- Two serial ports
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Two SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports
- Up to 256 MB of NOR flash (with redundancy)
- Up to 16 GB of NAND flash
- Linux, Wind River VxWorks, and Green Hills INTEGRITY BSPs are available.
Designed and tested for the harshest environments the XPedite5650 has been enhanced above and beyond commercial COM Express modules. It provides a rugged and reliable COTS processor mezzanine solution with a host of benefits:
- Designed and tested for operation from -40 to +85ºC
- Includes additional mounting holes for increased structural integrity
- Provides extended shock and vibration capabilities for operation in harsh environments
- Conduction-cooled and air-cooled applications supported by a single design
- Soldered-down memory replaces less rugged/reliable SO-DIMMs
- Utilizes tin-lead manufacturing process to mitigate tin-whisker effects (RoHS-compliant process is also available)
- Incorporates the same design and manufacturing principles as all X-ES Level 5 rugged products
The XPedite5650 is a COM Express mini form factor (55 mm x 84 mm) with an enhanced Type 10 pinout, which can be easily integrated into a rugged Small Form Factor (SFF) enclosure, such as the XPand6000 series, which supports natural conduction or convection cooling. XPand6000 series systems combine high-performance processing and application specific I/O added via PMCs/XMCs, such as MIL-STD-1553, CANbus, video input, RS-232/422, GPIO, A/D, and D/A for the most SWaP constrained applications.
To facilitate development of the XPedite5650 X-ES has engineered the CX-DP development platform – a desktop setup with standard I/O connectors. It provides basic COM Express I/O via fixed connectors, accessible through the back panel of its ATX chassis, and simply removing the ATX case cover provides access to internal fixed I/O and PIM I/O. X-ES has the tools necessary for customers to be successful with the XPedite5650 whether they are integrating it into their own system or utilizing an X-ES SFF system.