Esterline Hytek Finishes
Full Service Metal Finishing for Aerospace
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Esterline Hytek Finishes is one of the largest independent suppliers of specialized metal finishing, plating, anodizing and organic coating services in North America. For over 50 years, we have served commercial and military aerospace customers with the best combination of services, technical expertise, turnaround and processes available. Hytek is a one-stop-shop for all of your surface finishing and testing needs.
Specialized finishing and shot peening
We specialize in intricate, complicated finishing. We provide all testing and preparatory steps, including shot peening, under one roof, saving you time and money.
The widest range of OEM approvals available anywhere. An updated listing of every OEM and specific specifications can be found on our web site.
Large capacity, experienced technicians
Our modern facility has room for expansion and runs seven days a week to meet your expediting needs. Ask about our lean/CI efforts and our employee training. Our 250 employees average ten years in our facility. We serve over 750 customers a year, processing 45,000 individual orders.
Our process capabilities include:
- Plating: chrome plating, chromium plating, hard chrome plating, cadmium plating, titanium-cadmium (ti-cad) plating, electroless nickel plating, passivate, phosphate coatings, copper, tin, and zinc nickel plating
- Titanium and inconel: cleaning and etching, phosphate fluoride,
- ABF etching, sol-gel
- Surface preparations: shot peening ID / OD, abrasive
- Blasting, polish and buffing
- Non-destructive testing: penetrant inspection, nital etch
- Inspection, magnetic particle inspection, fracture critical and ABF inspection
- Paint and organic coating: aerospace and commercial
- Coatings, dry lube, solid film lubricants, 10-85 aluminum coating, intumescent protective coating, intricate masking
- Aluminum and magnesium: hardcoat anodize, boric acid anodize, sulfuric acid anodize, chromic anodize, Dow #7, #17, #19, chemical conversion coating
We are fully Nadcap, and AS9100 accredited and ITAR compliant.
Maintenance repair and overhaul
Hytek is a fully certified FAA and EASA repair station, offering our complete inventory of services to the MRO industry.
Our OEM’s include:
- Bell Helicopter
- Curtiss Wright
- Lockheed Martin
- Messier Dowty
Hytek’s certifications and accreditations:
- FAA Repair Station #HY7R576J
- EASA #145.6150
- AS9100 accredited
- Nadcap approved: chemical processing, non-destructive testing and shot peening
- ITAR compliant