Bose® Military Headsets: At Work Around the World
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
In 1978 Dr Amar Bose had an inspiration during a noisy international airline flight. At that time, to enhance passenger entertainment, electronic headphones were replacing older pneumatic tube phones. Unfortunately the fidelity improvements were masked by cabin noise—and the distortion caused by passengers increasing the volume to overcome the noise. Dr Bose believed it was possible to achieve noise reduction in headphones by means of closed-loop feedback control.
He quickly initiated a research program to study the array of complex acoustic, electronic and mechanical challenges to developing practical active noise cancellation headsets. This research eventually led to the development of Bose consumer headphones and military headsets. Today the A20 aviation headset is used on a variety of military aircraft and other weapon systems in the United States and throughout the world.
Reduce noise. Increase mission effectiveness
Presenting the most advanced Bose aviation headset yet. Bose was the first to introduce active noise reducing headsets to aviation more than 20 years ago, forever changing the way pilots fly.
Now, the Bose A20 aviation headset sets an entirely new standard. It's been engineered for significantly increased noise reduction in even louder environments. With an improved degree of comfort you'll appreciate. All without compromising the clear audio you expect from Bose.
It also features a Bluetooth® communications interface, an auxiliary audio input and priority switching. It's made in the US, and meets or exceeds all TSO requirements. No other headset can deliver this advanced combination of benefits.
Features and benefits
- Significantly greater noise reduction for pilots than currently available
- Improved level of comfort achieved through choice of materials, distribution of weight throughout the headset, 1/3 less clamping force than most conventional noise-reducing aviation headsets and additional room for your ears
- Clear audio for enhanced communications
- Made in the US
- Meets or exceeds all TSO standards
- At least 45hrs of typical headset use from just two AA alkaline batteries
- Auxiliary audio input
- Priority switching, allowing pilots to decide which audio source they want to hear
- Bluetooth communications interface, available in select configurations
- All this, and these headsets still weigh only twelve ounces
Please contact Bose to discuss your application and to receive an evaluation headset for yourself and your unit.