Data Device Corporation (DDC) has been selected by Nasa to supply MIL-STD-1553 PCI-express cards for Nasa’s system integration and software development labs to support the Ares-1 launch vehicle. Ares-1 is the crew launch vehicle being developed by Nasa as a component of the Constellation program.
DDC was selected based upon the proven performance of the BU-67106K MIL-STD-1553 PCI-express card, combined with DDC's demonstrated ability to adapt designs and processes to meet stringent program requirements, and to continuously supply superior technical support.
“DDC is proud to have achieved the high standards required by Nasa for its space mission system integration and software development labs. DDC’s products are a perfect choice for mission-critical programs, confirmed by our time-proven record of meeting the most stringent defense and aerospace requirements," stated Sean Sleicher, DDC’s data bus marketing manager.
The BU-67106K PCI-express card is built upon DDC’s powerful new AceXtreme 1553 core, offering:
- Up to four dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 channels operating in bus controller (BC) or multi-RT (0 to 31) modes, with a concurrent bus monitor (MT)
- Software-configurable bus coupling and termination options
- Native PCI-express design (does not require restrictive PCI-E to PCI bridging)
- Message signalled interrupt (MSI) support
- Flexible discrete I/Os
- IRIG-B time code and time tag clock input and output